What if you could take the creamy taste of a Matcha Latte, but make it cool, healthy, and on a stick! (Crazy, we know!) We partnered with blogger, Amanda Vuu, and decided that it was possible to do. Below find Amanda's recipe for Vegan Coconut Milk Matcha Latte Boba Popsicles. And yes... they're as good as they sound.
Sweet & slightly salted coconut milk with matcha green tea and boba make up these deliciously cold and creamy popsicles!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Freezing time 4 hours
- 1 can Aroy-D Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 T water
- 1/2 cup boba tapioca pearls
- 2 T sugar
- 2 matcha Tea Drops
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk and sugar until dissolved and bring mixture to a simmer. Add the salt. The recipe says 1/4 t but I just added two good pinches of salt. You won't mess this up, it needs salt for flavor believe it or not! Mix the cornstarch and water to make a slurry and add to the coconut milk. Cook until thickened and coats the back of a spoon well.
- Pour coconut milk into a container and let it chill in the fridge until cooled. This needs to be thickened and chilled for the boba to suspend in it for the popsicle to look right.
- Prepare the boba by adding them to boiling water and cooking until they've plumped up about 2-3 minutes. Drain the water and add 2 T sugar. Stir and let cool.
- Prepare the matcha tea by adding tea drops to 1 cup of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Place this in the fridge to cool too.
- Place the coconut milk in the bottom of the popsicle mold filling it about 1 1/2" up. Add 1 T boba pearls and push them down with a spoon into the coconut milk. Freeze for 25 minutes.
- Once tea and coconut milk has cooled slightly, mix all the tea and 1 cup of the coconut milk mixture together. Pour this on top of the coconut milk and boba. Freeze for 6 hours at least or overnight!
Check out Amanda's post here!