With Fall already here, it feels like time simply vanished this year. I woke up this year and it was already March, and then June, and now....October. I remember the earlier days (well...last year) when I was able to blog at least once a week and share what was going on behind the scenes with you and now my updates are often cushioned with quite a bit of space. But, the upside is that time feels like its evaporating because of all the great things emerging for Tea Drops. I always want you to be connected with us and have some insight into what we're up to at headquarters.
Right now, we are busy prepping for the holiday season that is coming up way too soon. We're now at that point where thousands of Pumpkin Spice Tea Drops are being produced in the kitchen on a weekly basis -- these little rounds are delish with a dash of cream, FYI. It's like Pumpkin Pie in a cup. Many of our retail stockists are also replenishing their holiday supply of Tea Drops, so we have been busy helping them get ready. We encourage you to support local and pay them a visit this season if any are in your area.
Shows and events are a HUGE part of Tea Drops life! They help us stay connected to our community. We do at least 2-3 events a month and next year, we are really planning to sprinkle drops of tea outside of California -- including Texas, Nevada, and Georgia (just in January 2016 alone!) At this point, I feel comfortable saying we have met thousands of you at shows, events, festivals, and tea tastings. One of the most rewarding parts of my job is connecting with each of you personally. I had an initial fear that it would be tiresome partaking in so many shows this year, and talking to some many people, especially because I'm surprisingly an introvert by nature. While the travel and standing 8hrs+ a day gets old at times, meeting each of you never, ever dissapoints. In fact, it only leaves me more energized to continue our journey. Tea Drops is about connection and I can't think of a better way to practice that than sipping our way through the country over cups of tea with you.
Mark your calendars -- AWESOME Events are ahead:
- November 8th: Gay and the Bay hosted by YELP // San Francisco Bay // Please join us at Gay on the Bay for pre-cruise wedding ceremony and vow renewal aboard the San Francisco Belle. We're bringing the community together to celebrate marriage equality and everyone's profound right to love and be loved on November 8.
- November 7th & 8th: BG Craft Fest // Walnut Creek, CA // 10am - 4pm
- November 21st: Tea Tasting @ Outside In // Aptos, CA // 12pm - 3pm
- November 27th: Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens Green Friday // Santa Barbara, CA // 10am -5pm: Ditch the Black Friday madness, and enjoy a day at the botanical gardens while enabling local businesses to thrive.
- December 5th & 6th: Unique LA Artisan Show // Downtown Los Angeles, CA // 11am - 6pm
- December 5th: Holiday Independent Designer Market // San Francisco, CA // 11am -6pm // Our mission is to cultivate, support and promote designers, artists and those with innovation, vision and passion for their creation
Behind the scenes, we are also working on some very cool collaborations in order to offer you some amazing gift options this holiday. Our Balm & Co Tea & Body Oil collaboration with inspirational poet & author, Alex Elle has already launched -- featuring limited edition Tea Drops selections of Masala Roobios Chai and Spring Jasmine. I'm especially excited about the fact that Alex and I decided early on that 50% of our profits from this collabo would be donated to the House of Ruth in D.C. assiting women and children victimized by domestic violence. This was a great opportunity for two women-owned small businesses to do something creative, yet powerful together.
Photo: Salt Roots Soap Company
We are also excited to announce our exclusive line of small-batch, artisan Tea Drop soap bars launching next month in partnership with Salt Roots Soap Company. I have become a huge fan of this women-owned soap company run by Shani and Stephanie out of Santa Cruz, CA. Their soaps are both beautiful, gentle, and amazingly fragrant. Our first soap set will feature a duo of Rose Earl Grey and Vanilla White Tea. Each soap will be handcrafted and incorporate these particular Tea Drop blends. Rethink Tea with these beautiful soap bars.
Moreover, there is a lot more brewing at Tea Drops headquarters that we will be sharing soon (new packaging, and new retail partners). We hope to see you out and about at our various shows and tea tastings this season, and we can't wait to deliver an incredible tea experience for you and your friends/loved ones. Enjoy this beautiful season with the people you love the most.
Tea Drop on,