Yesterday, it was mildly chilly (I can't complain too much living in California) and I came home in the mood for a hearty, healthy, soup. I have been enjoying all of the great Turmeric Tea Drop reviews rolling in, and seeing a few of you mention how you also cook with Tea Drops, I too wanted to incorporate our teas into my cooking.
I ended up making a deliciously simple chicken and vegetable soup with a curry broth and a dose of turmeric power! I also accompanied the soup with some garlic toast for a healthy winter meal. Feel free to make this soup your own. You don't have to use all of the vegetables I've included below, you can pick whatever veggies suit you best -- I simply used what was in my fridge. I love the fact that our teas serve a dual purpose, and I hope you'll enjoy cooking with them as much as you enjoy sipping on them.
Hearty Organic Curried Soup (Makes 3-4 servings)
Prep & Cook time: About 30 minutes
- 1 Tsp Avocado Oil (or any oil of your choice)
- 1 Tsp Chopped garlic
- 2 Strands of green onions (chopped)
- 2 Zuccini sticks (sliced)
- 2 Carrot sticks (sliced)
- 1/2 Chopped yellow onion
- 32 fl ounces of Organic chicken broth
- 0.5lbs Organic chicken breast (diced & uncooked)
- 1 Cup Wheat pasta (your choice)
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Turmeric Tea Drop
- 1 TBS Indian style curry powder
- In a separate bowl, take the diced chicken and mix with curry powder. Set aside.
- Add Avocado oil in a medium sauce pan on medium flame
- Add onions, garlic, and green onions, stir for one minute
- Add zuccini & carrots, stir for two minutes
- Add organic chicken broth
- Stir and allow to simmer
- Add the Turmeric Tea Drop, and stir for about a minute
- Add the curried chicken
- Place on simmer, and add the wheat pasta and quinoa
- Allow to simmer for 10 more minutes while covered with saucepan top.
- After 10 minutes, allow to cool and enjoy!
Cheers to our health! Tea Drop on!