Tea Drops Adventure Day 10: Taiwan!
Welcome to Taiwan!
The birthplace of the beloved Bubble Milk Tea drink. Bubble Tea (aka pearl milk tea, boba milk tea, or simply boba) is a Taiwanese drink that was invented in Taichung in the 1980s.
The tea is mixed with milk or fruits and topped off with chewy tapioca pearls. Enjoy yours now in the comfort of your own home — hot or iced!
Bubble Milk Tea, Taiwanese-style
*You will need a martini shaker for this recipe. Using a martini shaker creates a light foamy texture to the drink. This is how they shake and mix Bubble Tea in Taiwan!
1 Tea Drop of choice, (black tea preferred) melted in 4oz boiling water
1-2oz milk of choice, or non-dairy creamer
1. In a small pot, bring 3 cups of water to boil.
2. Add boba tea packet, and stir until boba floats. Cover with lid and let cook for 20-25 minutes on medium-low heat.
3. Turn off heat and let sit covered for 20 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse boba with warm water.
5. Add just enough cold water to cover the pearls. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar to sweeten the boba.
6. Allow to cool before adding to drink.
Milk Tea Directions:
1. In a martini shaker, add desired amount of ice
2. Pour in the prepared tea
3 Add with milk of choice
4. Shake to mix, and pour into tall glass with prepared boba
5. Enjoy with your new Reusable Stainless Steel Rose Gold Tea Drops Boba Straw!
Did you know...