Aloha Pineapple Chamomile Upside Down Cake... in a mug!
Feel the aloha spirit! We’re so excited to introduce you to Aloha Pineapple Chamomile, one of the newest tea varieties from our Dessert Collection. To celebrate, we took a classic pineapple upside down cake recipe and made it convenient, just like our teas. Throw the cake batter in a mug and toss it in the microwave… no fuss! Did we mention we made it with Milkadamia?!? The pineapple + macadamia milk combo will make you feel like you’re relaxing on Waikiki Beach… Because baking a cake should feel easy like a tropical breeze. Indulge in this mini cake and welcome Aloha Pineapple Chamomile to the Tea Drops fam.
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 tablespoons of Milkadamia (Macadamia Milk)
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of regular sugar
2 tablespoons of pineapple chunks
1 tablespoon pineapple juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of baking soda
4 ½ tablespoons of flour
- Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of an 8 oz microwave safe mug and then place pineapple chunks on top of sugar.
- In a separate dish mix oil, macadamia milk, pineapple juice, the dissolved Tea Drop, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and flour. Mix!
- Pour batter over pineapple in the mug. (Set paper towel over the top, since the cake will puff up!)
- Cook for 1 minute in the microwave and let it cool or 2-3 min before removing from mug.
- Top with a cherry and enjoy!