Looking for a fun spice to add to your next banana bread loaf or even cookies? Try adding a couple of Tea Drops into the mix. It's pretty easy to incorporate a couple of Tea Drops to substitute any ingredients you need, and here's what you have to do:
For every Tea Drop you're adding, we recommend first melting the drops in 2 oz of hot water. Adding 2 Tea Drops? Melt in 4 oz of water! You can then add that mixture to any batter or dough.
Check out this recipe from our founder + her mom in which they use Chai Spice Tea Drops in Banana Bread :)
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Chai Spiced Tea Drops
4 oz hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a small bowl, combine and mix the dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, add hot water and Chai Tea Drops. Stir to dissolve. Smash the bananas with potato masher or whatever you have at hand. Add to the smashed bananas the slightly beaten eggs, the oil and mix.
4. To the banana mixture, add the flour mixture and stir with wooden spoon until flour is incorporated into the mixture. Do not over-mix.
5. Greased a 9" loaf pan and pour batter in. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. It should be golden brown. Do not overbake or the bread will be dry.
6. Take out of oven. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.