My mom makes one delicious banana bread! It's moist, buttery, and has just the right balance of banana. I love it as a breakfast loaf, warming it up and adding a few banana slices on top. The other day she made a loaf of this banana bread, took a slice for herself and paired it with our new Pumpkin Spice TeaDrops (adding a dash of cream). She called it a heavenly experience, and so I naturally had to ask her to share the recipe with you all! This will be a Fall favorite, especially if you pair it with some delicious tea. Here's what mom has to say:
This is a simple delicious banana bread recipe. Makes good use of over-ripedbananas. Delicious accompanied by a cup of tea, especially if it is made with TeaDrops! Just had a slice with our latest flavor - Pumpkin Spice TeaDrop - it was heavenly!
Mom's Banana Bread
2 -3 over-riped bananas
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a small bowl, combine and mix the dry ingedients together: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, smash the bananas with potato masher or whatever you have at hand. Add to the smashed bananas the slightly beaten eggs, the oil and mix.
4. To the banana mixture, add the flour mixture and stir with wooden spoon until flour is incorporated into the mixture. Do not over-mix.
5. Greased a 9" loaf pan and pour batter in. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. It should be golden brown. Do not overbake or the bread will be dry.
6. Take out of oven. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.