We get asked a lot about the health properties of our teas, and it definitely is a very important question! I created our line of Tea Drops from tea varieties and spices that I love, but also thought about the different healing elements of each spice/plant that I integrated into our line.
I grew up in an Asian household, where herbs and spices were always favored remedies for illness over modern medicine. Peppermint tea was often served by mom when I had an upset stomach or before bedtime to aid with sleep. I associate peppermint with a calming feeling, as most do. As I learned about the properties of peppermint whose origin dates back to 1000 B.C.; this ancient plant was an obvious choice in the creation of our Sweet Peppermint Tea Drop. The more I researched the properties of peppermint, I learned about other healthy benefits that might be less well known. And so with that, I thought I'd share the top areas that peppermint can provide some significant aid:
- General Digestive Aid: Peppermint is known to reduce gastric acid in the stomach, and hence aid in any paid or heaviness associated with digesting a meal.
- Hormonal Balance: Since Peppermint is said to increase estrogen, this power plant aids in restoring hormonal balance, and reducing hormonal acne.
- Nausea & Vomiting/ Motion Sickness: Peppermint is considered antispasmodic, which suggests that it reduces symptoms of nausea and vomiting -- stabilizing or reducing anti-inflammation in the stomach.
- Immune Health: Not only does Peppermint hold antibacterial properties but it also has trace amounts of vitamin B, potassium, and calcium which are all positioned well defend your immune system.
- Irritable Bowl Syndrome: In the late 90s, many studies were conducted that showed the integration of peppermint to greatly improve the symptoms of IBS in both children and adults. This is largely due to the fact that peppermint passes through the stomach without being digested, so that it reaches the intestines for aid.
Whether you need relief due to any of the above conditions, or just want to find a calming tea experience, peppermint is definitely your friend. It is one of my favorite night time teas because of its smooth taste and soothing properties. Each of our Sweet Peppermint Tea Drops have at least 1 teaspoon of full leaf peppermint in each drop, which provides a healthy dose to start feeling tangible benefits.