The perfect Valentine's Day dessert or anytime dessert, these Chocolate Mint Marshmallows are made with Chocolate Mint Chip Tea Drops! Carefully crafted by our friend, Amanda Vuu, check out this easy and fun recipe and find more of her creations on her blog.
Here's what you'll need:
3 packages unflavored gelatin
1 cup cool water
3 Chocolate Mint Chip Tea Drops
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/8 t kosher salt
1 t mint extract
1/2 cup ruby chocolate chips (optional)
1) Combine the gelatin and 1/2 cup cool water in a bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Mix briefly to combine and set aside.
2) Combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt and 1/2 cup cool water with 3 Chocolate Mint Tea Drops in a small, but deep saucepan. Cook mixture on medium heat and stir to combine. Stop stirring as soon as mixture has combined.
3) Raise the heat to high and cook without stirring until the syrup reaches 240 F on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat.
4) With the mixer set on low speed, slowly add the hot syrup into the gelatin. Once all syrup is added, increase the speed to high and whip until the mixture is very thick and fluffy. It should have also cooled to a lukewarm temperature, about 3-10 minutes based on your mixer. Add the mint extract very last. The mixture should be cool enough you can spread it into a pan without burning yourself (about 95 F - 100 F).
5) Spread the marshmallow into a greased 8" x 8" pan.
6) Sprinkle cocoa powder on top and let it sit for several hours or overnight before cutting. Use a greased knife to cut marshmallows into 48 pieces (this is cutting the marshmallows into 6 equal lengths and then into 8 pieces each). Place marshmallows on a parchment lined paper that is sprayed with cooking spray. Freeze marshmallows until firm.
7) In the meantime, melt the ruby chocolate in 30 second increments using a microwave until there are a few unmelted pieces left. Sprinkle in a few chips and mix until it is all melted. This helps to temper the chocolate so it will have a snap when cooled. Remove marshmallows from the freezer and dip the end without the cocoa powder into the chocolate. Replace them back onto the parchment paper and chill until chocolate is firm.